REVOLUTION IN AESTHETIC DERMATOLOGY INDUSTRY, SQT MICRONEEDING OFFER NATURAL, SAFE, EFFECTIVE SKIN REJUVENATION IN JUST 5 MINUTES.
Sponge spicules are a kind of siliceous bio microneedle that are extracted from the freshwater sponge. They can stimulate the dermis of the skin and start skin surface microcirculation. They effectively deliver active ingredients to the dermis layer of skin while also activating the basal skin cells.
They can be seen as powder to the naked eye and as a sharp rod crystal under the microscope. In just 5 Minutes, 3 – 5 000,000 natural siliceous microneedles are directly introduced into the dermis layer through hand massage
No bleeding, no anaesthetic, and no skin breakage.
SQT Bio Microneedling shortens the skin cycle from 28 days to 7 days, and achieves natural, safe, and effective physical rejuvenation
Can be used for treatment of:
- Pigmentation & Melasma
- Sun damage
- Oily skin & large pores
- Skin redness & textural issues
- Acne Scarring
- Active Acne & Congestion
- Fine lines & Wrinkles
- Uneven skin tone and appearance
- Sun Spots
- Improvement of P Acnes Bacteria
- Lifting, firming and collagen stimulating
- What should I expect during the treatment?The results from this treatment are excellent but it is important to realise that this treatment can be uncomfortable.We are massaging the sponge spicules into the skin which penetrates into the dermis and replaces the need for physical needles. It does feel incredibly abrasive on the skin, we do not use anaesthetic.There is no visible skin breakage and no bleeding.After the needling segment of the treatment, a sheet masque containing Hyaluronic acid will be applied .
- What is the downtime?Up to 10 days.You are likely to feel uncomfortable for up to 72 hours until the spicules have been discharged by the skin.Although only 25% of clients experience actual skin shedding at their first appointment the likelihood of experiencing this increases with each session, skin must not be picked at or encouraged to shed.You will be provided with aftercare after each session.
- How many treatments can I have?For correction of skin concerns such as melasma, acne and acne scarring at least 4 treatments, 2 weeks apart are recommended
- What will I look like after my treatment?Immediately after your treatment your skin will look moderately red. You will be given a homecare product and recommended an appropriate skin care regime depending on your skin type. Redness will subside after 24-48 hours.
Results times from SQT microneedling treatment can vary from person. It is possible for some people to see results shortly after the first treatment, but generally, optimal results are seen a few weeks after treatment. Collagen remodelling takes time so results will continue to improve over several months as new collagen forms.
The results from SQT microneedling treatment can be long lasting, but they are not considered permanent. SQT treatment stimulates the production of collagen which is vital for maintaining the smooth, plump appearance of skin. The natural ageing process of skin and environmental factors can affect skin over time. We recommend booking maintenance treatment sessions to sustain and enhance the results achieved through SQT microneedling.
Freshwater sponges are living creatures and are crucial for aquatic ecosystems. Sponge spicules for our SQT treatments are sourced from a freshwater sponge lake in Dongjang in China. All spicules are 100% natural, 100% ecological, and vegan. The use of Spongilla spicules has been famous for centuries in skincare, dating back to the 18th century in Europe.
Spongilla Lacustris is the sponge species used for our SQT treatments, the sponge spicules are used by sponges as an external defence system. The spicules consist of calcium carbonate, silica, and Chitin. This makes the spicules a multifunctional skincare ingredient, providing skin with a range of natural benefits.
Do not consume alcohol 24 hours before your appointment
- No Retin-A products or applications 24 hours prior to your treatment.
- No auto-immune therapies or products 24 hours before your appointment.
- No prolonged sun exposure to the face 24 hours prior to your treatment. Microneedling will not be completed on sunburned skin.
- If you are taking a blood thinner, aspirin or any other medications you may be required to obtain a GP approval letter for the treatment.
- On the day of the treatment, please do not apply makeup.
- Wait 3-6 months following oral acne treatments.
Approximate time to wait following other treatments prior to SQT:
- Botulinum Toxin (Botox): 2-4 weeks
- Dermal Fillers: 2 weeks
- Chemical Peels: 2-6 weeks depending on whether superficial or deep peel
- Laser Hair removal: 2 weeks
- Radio frequency treatment: 1-2 weeks
- Vitamin facials: 6 weeks
- Acne treatments: 6 months
Immediately after your treatment, your skin will appear red and may feel warm and tighter than usual. There may be some slight swelling, which is normal and should subside after 1 to 2 hours and diminish within 24 hours. Your skin may be slightly pink after 24 hours depending on skin sensitivity. Use tepid water for the initial 24 hours to wash the treated area. After 24 hours, use a gentle cleanser to cleanse the face for the following 72 hours and gently dry the treated skin. Always make sure that your hands are clean when touching the treated area.
- Keep the skin hydrates with a gentle moisturiser.
- Do not take any inflammatory medicines for at least 2 weeks post treatment.
- Do not apply makeup or sunscreen or 24 hours after the procedure.
- Do not apply any makeup with a makeup brush, especially if it is not new/recently cleaned.
- After the initial 24 hours, apply a broad spectrum UVA/UVB sunscreen with a minimum SPF 30 for two weeks. A chemical-free sunscreen is highly recommended.
- For at least 3 days post treatment, do NOT use any Hydroxy Acid, Retinol (Vitamin A), Vitamin C (in a low pH formula) or anything perceived as ‘active’ skincare.
- Avoid intentional and direct sunlight for 48 hours. No tanning beds or tanning creams.
- Do not go swimming for at least 24 hours post-treatment.
- Do not participate in strenuous exercise for at least 24 hours post-treatment.
- Sweating and gym environments must be avoided during the first 72 hours post-treatment.
- No saunas or steam rooms for 72 hours
- Please adhere to aftercare advice contained in the aftercare leaflet
- Any concerns please contact the clinic
Following the treatment there may be redness, tightness and sensitivity to the treated area. This is a normal temporary result of SQT treatment. If these continues or if other reactions occur, please contact the clinic immediately.